2015
Jan. 5, 2015

Well this has been a pretty good week! New Years here is pretty much exactly like Christmas here, just probably a little bit more fireworks! We had another asado(lots of meat) and at 12 we went on the roof of the two story building that we live in and enjoyed the fireworks that everyone and their grandma was lighting off! Got some pretty good footage of that. I am getting to know the area better and more or less how to take the colectivos (bus) and stuff so that is good and we can now do divisions with confidence. I set some goals for the mission of 2015 (I didn't want to get trunky so I just set goals for the mission) What I have so far is: finish the Book of Mormon again (I'm in 2 Nephi 10), finish the new testament (I'm in 1 Corinthians 2), finish Jesus the Christ (I am more than half way done), and work up until the last day of my mission. So I've got a lot of finishing to do haha. Let me know if you have any other good goals. Oh and the Ward goal is 30 baptisms for 2015 so if I stay here until June my goal is to help 15 people to get baptized. Right now for the 17 de January we have two really solid people, Kenny and Monica, who will almost definitely get baptized and stay strong in the gospel. Monica is already thinking about going to the temple to be baptized for her grandmother, so I would say that is pretty prepared. She also had a bunch of trials in her life that made her deny her belief in God, but now she has realized through a series of other trials that He is the only answer really. She says that her life is still hard but she has a different way of looking at her trials now..... capa! My companions name is Emilio. If you wanted to please keep him in your prayers, pray for him to end his mission well tambien (too)... He is a little taco trunky haha. Reading in 2 Nephi 9 and reflecting this week I realized that everything that we have and everything we do is thanks to God. We can't really take credit for anything. If I say a question that helps someone make the decision to be baptized I can't even take credit for that because the Holy Ghost sent me the question. I don't know if I am explaining myself well but I just want to say it is important to recognize the hand of God in our lives. We make the decision to be receptive or not. I hope you can start the semester well and that you all are well, siempre estan en mis oraciones (you're always in my prayers). o sea estais jaja

Love,
Elder Andrew