Monday, April 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Conference fun.

Well for conference I was able to see all the sessions only missing a tiny bit of the first one on Saturday and will be watching priesthood later this week hopefully with some members because it was too late at night. But I didn’t get much out of Saturday afternoon because this lady came that we had invited on the street like a week before and turns out she was crazy. Literally crazy like bi polar and probably some other stuff, we sat her next to a member not knowing and then they had us come sit next to her and she talked and just kind of made us feel uncomfortable, so don’t know if we will follow up with that one. Why is it that the crazy one comes but all the ones that really, really needed to come and that we invited three times, and they told us yes don’t show up.... oh well I am grateful that we could see a few less actives there and also one other investigator! There where some elders that rented a big van to bring a group of less actives and investigators, pretty cool huh. About the Moultens, Dad, I was reading earlier this week in President Monson´s talk from the priesthood session of last October and I think it would be good for you to read it. His friend was a home teacher to a part member family for many years and then when the father had 90 years! He finally accepted the gospel; I would call that preserving until the end as a home teacher! It talks about being a good shepherd and is really good! Today we made some empanadas and I made the stuff to put inside them and fried them, they turned out pretty good. By the time I get back I will be a regular chef. In preach my gospel what I was recently studying is a little in chapter 13 about the functions and working with the church leaders. It will also be the topic of my district meeting tomorrow. It is so important for missionaries and members to work together that is why they want us all to read preach my gospel, so we can all be on the same page. I would suggest that if you are looking for a place to start that you start in chapter 9, it is really good and I always love reading through it and will help you look for new ideas to open your mouth and share the gospel. It really is exciting to be living in this day and age and I am sure grateful to be on a mission. A thirteen year old boy named Facundo who is part of a family that we are teaching told us this week that he got an answer. He doesn’t have a religious background and didn’t know anything about prayer when we started teaching him but told us that he just did Moroni’s promise and got an answer, now he always does his reading assignments and is progressing really well. It is quite amazing the faith of the little ones.
Well, much much love,
Elder Andrew
ps. The mission told me to send this to you: Due to the constraints imposed by the government of Argentina for imports, we are having trouble receiving packages from other countries. Because of these constraints, we recommend that the next time missionaries communicate with their families via email, that they ask them to not send any more packages. If packages are sent, they will probably remain in customs and never reach their destination. We want to clarify that there is no malice in this, but removing these packages from customs is a costly process for the Church and can be avoided, if appropriate measures are taken.